Monday, September 3, 2012

Barbie cake and card

Hello my dear friends

Did everyone have a great Labor Day weekend?  I feel like summer is over.  Fall is just around the corner.  I love the colors of fall and the cool air.  But I do love the summer.  Labor day is not just a holiday weekend for me, its also my grand daughter's birthday.  This year she celebrated her 4th birthday.  A few weeks ago when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she quickly gave me a list.  Among the many things she asked me for, she asked me to make her a Barbie cake.  She even had me watch a few You Tube videos showing how to decorate one.  Smart little thing!!!  So guess what I made?  Yes of course!  A Barbie cake.  My very first one.  As she finished her birthday wish list she said "oh yeah Bella, I also want you to make me a card.  That would make me very happy"  OMG!! I would had never though that a card made by me would make her happy.  And yes!!  She also got her card.


Here's a closer  of the card


I used the Disney "Happily Ever After"  Cricut  cartridge for my card and the six by six "A Happy Heart" paper.  I added some bling and a wood laser dollie cut.  And of course nothing is complete without some flowers and lace.  Here is my YT video for this project http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlmxKL1vZI&list=UUoXt62I2e2z_zLr62ZNSNGg&index=1&feature=plcp  if you want to watch :-)

Thank you all for dropping by.  Let me know what you think of my first Barbie cake.  I have a feeling I'll be making more.  :-)

Yvette

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! Wow, your first try at that cake? It looks amazing! And that card is gorgeous! No wonder your daughter wanted BOTH! LOL! Just happened upon your blog and guess what? I'm from The Bronx too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie... Thank you very much. Yes it was my first and it was a hit. My grand daughter was super excited. The look in her face said it all. LOL Wow small world. The Bronx!!! Woo Hoo!!
      Thanks so much for finding me LOL
      Yvette

      Delete