Monday, April 15, 2013

Graphicat Special Birthday Card.

Hello friends

I hope you all had a great weekend.  This week our design team for
Graphicat sketches all agreed with Cheri that we would make a special
birthday card for a special sweet little girl, who's story touched us all.

Here is the story...

Ladies I need your help! quick story I met a wonderful lady through FB playing a game I no longer play. A friend via a friend kinda thing. Her name is Daylyn Michael and she is a fellow military spouse. Her husband Josh survived two Iraq deployments and was medically discharged due to brain trauma from 2 IED explosions. On November 15th 2012 , in Midland Tx, in a parade to honor veterans, a Union Pacific train slammed into the float carrying the 2 of them. He did not survive, Daylen survived without a scratch because her courageous husband threw her from the float so her children would not be orphans. She has asked her friends for a small favor their daughter is turning 8 on the 20th. Her first birthday without her dad. Daylen wants to make it special and all she is asking is that we flood her daughter with cards. Would anyone be willing to send her one? 


Here is my Birthday card for Maci...


I used the 6 x 6 paper "Sweet Fairy" by Prima.  The image is "Cupcake Emma"
by C.C. Designs.  Colored her with my copics. I cut the Gazebo with my Cricut,
using the "Freshly Picked" cartridge at 3 1/2 inches. Everything else is from my stash.

If anyone wants to make a birthday card for Maci,  you can ask any
of us DT members and we will gladly send it to you.

Entering it into these challenges

Have a wonderful day
Yvette

6 comments:

  1. So sweet and such a lovely card! Thank you for joining the Little Miss Muffett challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card, Yvette! Love the rose ribbon!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and a tribute to such an amazing little girl and the sacrifice that her father made for her. Makes my heart ache because I have a little girl almost the same age, I can't even imagine. I would love to send a card but I do not know how to contact you if you see my message you can find me at The Paper Nest Dolls on my blog or Walkelmol on youtube or facebook. Thanks so much for entering The Paper Nest Dolls challenge. I look forward to hearing from you. ~Kelly Walkelmol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yvette! Fantastic card - I like colors. Thank you for joining our Happy, Happy Birthday Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and beautiful card thank you for joining us this week at BMD Challenges
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful Creation Yvette! Thanks for joining us at BMC would love to see you joining us again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete